Wednesday 11 June 2008

CAROLINNE CHAUSON WE SALUTE YOU

Its a battle that goes something like this......

brain and body - OI THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN DO THIS

the voices -          GO ON YOU KNOW YOU CAN

brain and body - SERIOUSLY LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT (any of the following) DROP,                                       KICKER, BOULDER, RAMP, HOLE, ROCK GARDEN, ROOT SECTION, GAP                                   OR WHATEVER... YOU CANT DO IT!!!!

the voices -          I CAN DO IT AND YOUR COMING WITH ME

brain and body - NO WE ARE NOT

the voices -          TOO LATE WE JUST DID IT YOU LOSE AGAIN

On this trip the above happens in my head more times than I can keep count of, I love it!!!


(ooh I've just noticed my blog takes up two pages so if your new go to the bottom and click older posts to start at the beginning)

What can I say about today?..... f**cking epic, nope that doesn't come close

First thing when we hit the mountain we did 3/4 of the maxi twice in a row, it gave me hope. i think i might even be able to finish the race, which is all Im here to do, my arms held out, im learning not to grip the bars like Im about to die and learning to pass the pain barrier when my lungs and heart say stop, I changed my tires this morning and am now running Maxxis Swamp things, they are awsome, after that we were ready for dinner, i cooked up some pasta and pork gloop while the boys got to work servicing the bikes.

Work Done
bled brakes and refilled on Ant and mine
straightened Ants brake leaver
pumped up Ants shock after it had dropped 30psi

By this time the gloop was ready, it was necked and we hit the mountain again fully glooped up.

ROUTE 66


This is Carolinne's track, Tabletop after tabletop, burm after burm, and doubles thown in for fun, I can honestly say this is the most fun you can have with ure pants on, Ive never done anything like this before coming here, just a few drop offs, but today I was making landers and laughing out loud as I dropped and landed safe, Ant hit a tabletop infront of me so hard i swore outloud in my helmet (not to mention nearly touching the sky at the top of skippy's), Phil was in the zone today, just gone. His comment when we got back to the cruz bus, and i couldn't agree more was "if we had driven all the way here just for todays riding it would have been worth it", buzzed my tits off all day, I LOVE THIS PLACE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are the nerves before the race?

What are the other riders like that are there?

Keep up the good work lads and ride your balls off!!!!!

sarah pinnell said...

Just had the Welsh Air Ambulance Community Fundraiser into Stormriders she will contact you guys on your return and you have some t's coming your way, showed her the blog etc, she says "Good Luck, and Many Thanks from the Wales Air Ambulance"